- Barisal Division
Barisal is one amongst the eight body divisions of Bangladesh. Location of it’s within the south-central a part of the country, space of it’s regarding thirteen,644.85 km2 (5,268.31 sq. m) and therefore the population is regarding eight,147,000 in keeping with the 2011 Census. it’s enclosed by national capital division, The Bay of geographic region, metropolis division and Khulna division on the north, on the south, on the east, on the west severally., Barisal town, is concerning the stream|river (Padma) watercourse delta on AN effect of the Arial Khan River (Kirtonkhola). Barisal division is additionally criss-crossed by various rivers that attained it the nickname in Bangla ‘Dhan-Nodi-Kaal, Ei prong Barisal’ (rice, watercourse and canal designed Barisal).
Former name of Barisal District was Bakerganj District in 1797.
The larger Barisal region (Barisal District and its near 5 districts) was created as Barisal Division on one January 1993.
The division is additionally divided into half-dozen districts and thirty-nine Upazilas. Lower level body areas are- 353 Union Parishads, 3,159 Mouzas, twelve municipalities, twenty five wards and four,163 villages.
- Barisal was established in the year 1984 and area was about 2,784.52 sq.km
- Barguna was established in the year 1984 and area was about 1,831.31 sq.km
- Bhola was established in the year 1980 and area was about 3,403.48 sq.km
- Jhalokati was established in the year 1984 and area was about 706.76 sq.km
- Patuakhali was established in the year 1984 and area was about 3,221.31 sq.km
- Pirojpur was established in the year 1984 and area was about 1,277.80 sq.km
Total area of Barisal division is about 13,255.20 sq.km